|Secretary of State Elections My Vote Counts Feedback|
VOTER BILL OF RIGHTS
1. You have the right to cast a ballot if you are a valid registered voter.
2. You have the right to cast a provisional ballot if your name is not listed on the voting rolls.
3. You have the right to cast a ballot if you are present and in line at the polling place prior to the close of the polls.
4. You have the right to cast a secret ballot free from intimidation.
5. You have the right to receive a new ballot if, prior to casting your ballot, you believe you made a mistake.
6. You have the right to receive assistance in casting your ballot, if you are unable to vote without assistance.
7. You have the right to return a completed absentee ballot to any precinct in the county.
8. You have the right to election materials in another language, if there are sufficient residents in your precinct to warrant production.
9. You have the right to ask questions about election procedures and observe the elections process.
10. You have the right to report any illegal or fraudulent activity to a local elections official or to the Secretary of State's Office.
If you believe you have been denied any of these rights, or if you are aware of any election fraud or misconduct, please call the Secretary of State's confidential toll-free
VOTER PROTECTION HOTLINE
|Copyright © 2003 California Secretary of State|